The Teacher Pack fonts are for academic use only. You can use the fonts to produce anything you want in print, in webpages, or as .pdfs. What you produce is your copyright. You must be a public school teacher, private school teacher, homeschool teacher, parent, or OT or parapro who is using the fonts to teach children directly to purchase a Teacher Pack Single User or Site License. Teacher Pack fonts licenses do not allow the user to produce anything for sale using the fonts.
Businesses are not allowed to purchase Teacher Pack Single User or Site Licenses. Businesses must purchase a Business Project License.
Each of our CDs has both Mac and Windows installers, with separate folders for each of the font families. Except for CF, DK, and LG, each handwriting font family has both Manuscript and Cursive. To get the Upgrade price, you must have a valid license on file with us. All of the font families are on the CDROM, and you may use any of them. You are purchasing a license to use the fonts, not the fonts themselves.
- Teacher Pack Single User CD, with 33 font families,
and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $49.95
- Teacher Pack Single User Upgrade, with 33 font families, and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $20.00
- Teacher Pack Site License CD, with 33 font families,
and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $300.00
- Teacher Pack Site License Upgrade, with 33 font families, and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $100.00
- Special Ed District License CD, with 33 font families,
and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $300.00
- Special Ed District License Upgrade, with 33 font families, and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $100.00
- Business Project License, one font family, up to 10 seats. $300.00. Additional seats above 10, $30 each.
- Business Project License Upgrade, one font family. $100.00. Previously purchased additional seats included.
- Homeschool Single User Upgrade, with 33 font families,
and Specialty and Decorative fonts. $24.95
Note: you must already own a Homeschool CD license to request the upgrade.
When you buy one of our products, you have a license to use any or all of the font families on the CD. Allowed use "at home" means that all computers in the home may use the fonts. Tech support is free for all products. Call us with any questions about licenses, or if you need a hardcopy of our licensing information. 1-800-806-2155.
You may make copies of the CDs and the User Guides, but you may only use the copies as allowed by your license. If you copy a CD, make sure that it works on both Macs and PCs - some copy programs don't do a good job of copying the data for the "other kind" of computer. Call if you have questions.
Teacher Pack Single User License (SU) - covers one computer at school and one teacher at home. You may install the fonts on a shared computer, such as in a computer lab. But on only one computer at one school, and one teacher at home.
For the Specialists (OT, Special Ed), a Single User License covers an individual specialist wherever he/she is working. The Specialist can use the fonts at every school to which she travels, and on her computer at home. But realize that a Single User License is really that - one user, not everyone.
Teacher Pack Site License (SL) - covers all the computers at the school, all the teachers at home, and parents of Special Ed students at home.
Special Ed District License (SPEDDSL) - covers all the specialists' computers at every school in the district, all the specialists' home computers, and parents of Special Ed students at home. This license is only for specialists; if mainstream teachers want to use any of our fonts, they need to have their own license (which may be either SU or SL).
District License (DL) - To get a District License, you must purchase a Site License for each elementary school in the district. There is no additional cost for a DL. The DL automatically covers all the computers in the district, and all the staff (teachers, tech support, principals, parapros, specialists, ...) on their home computers. In addition, parents of special ed students may install the fonts on their home computers for use with their special ed children. The District License is based on the elementary schools - buy for all of them (even one, if that's all you have), and all the rest of the schools are automatically covered. Once you have a District License, any schools that you add in the future are also included in the license. This includes any and all new elementary schools, which can use your current material. Or you can get new materials for the school at the Site License upgrade price.
Homeschooler Single User License for handwriting fonts -- This product has been discontinued. Holders of valid Homeschool Single User Licenses may upgrade to Teacher Pack Single User Licenses.
Business Project License -- This product allows the business to use one designated font family on up to 10 seats. A font family usually consists of about 9 Cursive and about 15 Manuscript fonts. Both Macintosh and Windows installers are provided. If the business has previously purchased Single User Licenses, full credit will be given for all of them.
Upgrades. If you want to buy an upgrade, we need to verify your previous purchase. Use the Buy Upgrade page, then email us with your mailing address when you bought your license. After verifying your previous purchase, we will send your a download link, usually within 24 hours.
Here are our upgrade policies:
When a teacher has personally bought a SU license and the school buys a Site License, we will refund the teacher's cost directly to the teacher. Really!
If your school already has a Site License, and wants new material, we have a Site License Upgrade package for $100.00, the same package you would get with a brand new Site License.
If your school already has one or more Single User licenses, and buys a Site License, we give full credit for all the SU purchases.
You can upgrade an existing Single User license to a new Single User license. With this alternative, you can change to a different font family, replace your old floppy disks with a CD, be compatible with a new version of a word processor, or get new media when you can't find the original floppies or CD.
District Licenses may be upgraded for $100/elementary school. (We've put a LOT of work into keeping the font package compatible with current versions of operating systems and word processors.) All schools beyond the elemenatary level are free - tell us how many you have and we will give you exra CDs for your middle and high schools.
Holders of valid Homeschool Single User Licenses may upgrade to Teacher Pack Single User Licenses.
Why upgrade? Our first CD was August 6, 2000, and had the DN, GDI, HB, McD, OZ, Palmer, PM, PT, SSD, ZB, and Specialty font families. We create new CDs to keep up with changes by Microsoft and Apple, to add fonts, and to fix any goofs that people find (starting dot in the wrong place, ...).
The major changes (and year, for those changes other than Word) that we have made since our first CD (August 6, 2000) are:
1.Our newest CD, 11/3/11 added 272 new fonts to our product; the new families are AIDI (Peruvian jungle), Benson, SuperKids, Mexican and Spencer (Spanish fonts), three sets of Hawaiian fonts, New South Wales and Victoria Modern (Australia). In addition, we added GDI Thin fonts (manuscript and Cursive), and HWT Manuscript and Cursive fonts with Top and Bottom Rules. This CD is OS 10.7, Lion, compatible.
2. Changed all of our Linkletter programs to handle changes that Microsoft made in Word 2004 and Word 2008 on the Mac, and Word 2003 Service Pack 3 (2008) and Word 2007 for Windows computers.
3. Added another set of HWT Manuscript fonts with a dotted center line on the three rule variations (2008).
4. Bought a new installer program and redid all of our installers to run on Windows Vista (2007).
5. Created universal installers and native mode Linkletter programs for the Intel Mac (2006).
6. Added three new families, DK Cursive (left and right handed slant cursive fonts, 2005), Queensland (Australia, 2005), and CF (Cursive First, copyright of LITHBTH Publishing, 2008).
7. Added one Decorative font (EFI Extra Fancy, 2005) and several Specialty fonts (Count Dots, Direct Instruction, and Music in 2004, and four Prewriting Practice variations in 2008).
8. Added more DN fonts (French, Spanish, and German Cursive, in 2004).
9. Added four Manuscript Phonics fonts to all our Manuscript families in 2004 (AB, CCU, DN, FS, GDI, HB, HWT, McD, OZ, Palmer, PM, PT, QM, SSD, SV, and ZB).
10. Added six more fonts families in 2002 (AB, CCU, Decorative, HWT, LG, Russian, and SV).
11. Did OS X native mode support in 2002.
Refund Policy. If you don’t like the fonts, can’t figure out how to make them work, or find something better, just delete the fonts from your computer (see page 10 of the User Guide) and send the CD back to Educational Fontware, 1425 Cowgill Ave, Bellingham, WA 98225. We will refund your money — all of it. Really. If you do ask for and receive a refund, we may choose not to sell you our product in the future.
You may print the Order Form.
EFI home page